Thanks for visiting.
We help farmers protect their nitrogen investment.
This video has been slowed down for clarity, but actual speed is 8.5 MPH.
About Nitrogen Sealing Systems
My name is John Miller. I am a corn producer in East Central Illinois.
About seven years ago I began looking at ways to improve liquid nitrogen applicators. I noticed that injector and knife applicators produced an open slot in the soil where the nitrogen was applied and I could see liquid nitrogen was often visible. I knew that if the nitrogen was not covered it would be lost.
At that time there were no sealers on liquid nitrogen applicators, so I began making closing systems to protect my nitrogen investment and increase yields. I wanted to bring to farmers a sealing unit that was economical, durable, and effective.
Today Nitrogen Sealing Systems (NSS) is a small business that offers double coulter units for Blu-Jet, Fast, Yetter, Case Nutri-Placer, Ag Systems, Ag Spray, J and M, DMI and C shank ammonia applicators. Beck’s Practical Farm Research has compiled data, showing consistent and sizable yield increase with NSS sealers.
The research information for 2013 through 2016 is available online or printed in Beck’s PFR book under the heading Nitrogen Sealer Study.
Check this Out!
N-Place™ is a new concept for fertilizer delivery.
- N-Place™ is a precise fertilizer application tool that can deliver two rows of fertilizer per unit; dry or liquid.
- N-Place™ will position fertilizer at the base of the plant and cover it with soil.
- N-Place™ minimizes the need for nitrogen stabilizers because soil is delivered on top of the nitrogen to help prevent denitrification.
- N-Place™ units will fit most pull-behind applicators and high-clearance machines that use standard coulter knives or coulter injection systems
Hagie and Miller high-clearance applicators can work at speeds greater than 12 MPH in tall corn without cutting roots while delivering nitrogen on target at the base of the plant.
Each unit has its own independent down pressure settings, adjustable gauge wheel and coulter angle adjustment.
When using N-Place™ the application speed will vary based on the height of the crop.
N-Place™ can be used to apply liquid or dry N, P, K and other materials needed in the root zone to maximize yields.
In corn, soybeans and other row crops; reducing fertilizer waste and water pollution.
Beck's Hybrid Practical Farm Research interviewed John Miller to talk about our Nitrogen Sealing Systems and how they work to increase yield. We also shared our exciting new application device, N-PLACE, which puts your Nitrogen right in the root zone. We're taking it from the center of the row and moving it closer to the plant, without damaging the roots.
Nitrogen Sealing Systems are
Benefits of Using Nitrogen Sealing Systems
INCREASED NITROGEN SAVINGS:
Save money by reducing volatilization to get more out of your Nitrogen investment.
Come visit us at these upcoming farm shows:
- Peoria, IL
- Indiana-Illinois at Indianapolis, IN
- Fort Wayne, IN
- Quad Cities at Rock Island, IL
- Gordyville at Gifford, IL
- National Farm Machinery Show at Louisville, KY
- Hawkeye Farm Show at Cedar Falls, IA
- Western Farm show at Kansas City, KS
Beck's Hybrid Practical Farm Research
NITROGEN SEALING SYSTEMS TESTED BY BECK'S HYBRIDS 2013
Results: Increased yield two bushels per acre. Placement and control of Nitrogen product.
Farmer, Inventor, Manufacturer, Sales